This weekend, I went on a bit of a shopping spree. My mom was in town. I couldn’t help it.
My mom came up with a great suggestion to help me get my finances calmed down a bit. This week will be fix-only-what’s-in-your-pantry week. That’s right. I didn’t go to the grocery store today as is usually part of my Saturday routine. Instead, I kept Anthropologie, Ulta, and Sephora in business while I clean out all the food in my pantry and refrigerator. This week should be filled with some different and unique meal ideas.
Tonight, I kept it simple with a pumpkin pie smoothie that was pretty much amazing. Here’s what you need:
- 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder (100 calories worth)
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pecan butter (I used Williams-Sonoma’s because I found it on CLEARANCE this weekend. You could even make your own)
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla flavor
- 1 frozen ripe banana
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 5-10 ice cubes (depending on how thick you want it)
Listen, this thing is amazing. It’s thick and sweet. Love.